pgn4web live broadcast: flash replacement
This replicates the flash based client layout and functionality:
This shows additional functionality of the pgn4web viewer, including customized colors, customized chess pieces and integrated user/engine analysis board:
Please find below links to few more live chess broadcast examples showing the multiple options available from pgn4web:
end user hints for the client user interface
- use the arrow keys to move throughout the game
- click on the dots at the bottom or click on square F5 for the list of available games
- click on square H5 for a fullscreen view, then use the browser's back button to return to this page
- click on square E8 of the main board to activate the analysis board, copying the postion from the main board and starting the built-in chess engine (if supported by the web browser); try moves and variations clicking the from/to squares on the analysis board.
- click on square H8 for further general help
webmaster hints to setup a live games broadcast
The following instructions refer to the basic example; the advanced example including the integrated user/engine analysis board is relatively more complex, please contact the pgn4web project for detailed instructions based on specific requirements.
- copy the pgn4web files on the server, for instance in the folder accessible as http://example.com/somewhere/pgn4web/
- reuse the same tools that generate the chess moves for the flash based client processing the inputs from the electronic boards
- configure those tools to save games as a PGN file accessible as http://example.com/somewhere/pgn4web/live/live.pgn, including clock information if available
- replace the flash object in the live web pages with an inline frame using a src url similar to the example of this page, such as http://example.com/somewhere/pgn4web/dynamic-frame.html?
- set the inline frame height/width as appropriate to each live web page on the server and add any desired iframe css style property
- more info about configuration options at the pgn4web wiki